I am a fanatic of eye makeup and i just cant get enough! Its so difficult to not buy a new eyeshadow shade or liner!
I recently bought 2 new eye pencils from Faces in dark brown and dark green. I have not used this brand before so thought of doing a quick review on it.
- Very dark shades of brown and green. I like to use them outside my lower lash line to create more depth and intense look
- Affordable price – around 150 INR
- Its not absolutely long wearing i would say….smudges a bit as the day progresses. It will fade a bit but will definitely showup on the face.
- Its in a pencil form. I am not a very big fan of pencils, i prefer the retractable ones.
- Its not very smooth to glide on specially if you want to use it as eyeliner on top.
I liked it but not loved it. It does the job of highlighting very well along with black liner. But if you use it all by itself, it might fall short of your expectations in terms of longevity…it will fade. That’s the only issue i can highlight. But then again, the price and colors are a thumbs up. If you want a cheap substitute to high end products and something that you might want to use once in a while….this will work.
Hope you find this review helpful. Let me know if you do try this product or any other shades.
PS: For more updates on Beauty, Fashion, Trend Alerts, Makeup…please like my facebook page here –> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beaushiondiva/262153800593576?ref=hl
Instagram & Pinterest: beaushiondiva
- The Perfect Navy Blue – Colorbar Oriental Blue Eye Pencil Review! (beaushiondiva.wordpress.com)
Are you one of those who love makeup brushes, but think they are too expensive? Well, read on to find out about high end makeup brushes dupes 🙂
Before i start this post, please note that I am in no way trying to demean any high end makeup brushes brand. They are awesome and owning them is every girl’s pride. Their quality is not questionable at all. This post is more about finding an affordable option to these high end makeup brushes.
I simply love the below stated brushes but thought they were very expensive for my day-to-day makeup needs. Hence, thought of finding some dupes.
- Round Kabuki Brush – This brush is mainly used for application of power products like pressed powder. (Sigma’s F82 – Round Kabuki –> 18$)
- Flat Kabuki brush – As the name suggests, this brush is used for application of liquid/creamy foundation. (Sigma’s F80 – Flat Kabuki –> 18$)
- Angled Kabuki brush – This brush is awesome for application of blush or bronzer (Sigma’s F84 – Angled Kabuki –> 18$)
- Tapered Kabuki brush – This is a very good brush for contouring or applying foundation to corner areas around the nose and eyes. (Sigma’s F86 – Tapered Kabuki –> 18$)
- Sigma also sells a combo pack of these four at 62$ (http://www.sigmabeauty.com/category_s/58.htm)
I checked locally for dupes but didn’t find any kabuki style brushes. They were more of normal bristle non-kabuki brushes. So, didn’t work for me as I specifically wanted kabuki brushes. Hence, moved on to search amazon and eBay for days and finally found the dupes i was looking for! They definitely do a good job if you want to use them for day-to-day makeup needs and gives you a happy feeling of using brushes similar to high end ones 😉
- Goodquality synthetic brush bristles – very soft
- Firmly held to the base – so helps in ease of application
- 1 inch of brush length (as compared to Sigma which is more than 2 inches)
- Black handle (you get white handle as well)
- Looks are very similar to high end make up brushes.
- Awesome price. I got 4 brushes for 22$ – whereas Sigma’s one brush is around 18$.
- Short length of bristles
In my opinion, though these are unbranded, they are definitely value for money. I was super impressed with the quality of these. I ordered these brushes from eBay (link provided below) and got the delivery from USA within a week’s time!! They were absolutely as per the description provided by the seller. I highly recommend this seller.
Makeup Brushes I ordered –> http://www.ebay.com/itm/380690101035?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_245wt_905
Seller Information –> http://myworld.ebay.com/i2cworld_inc3?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Please note, i am not associated with this seller in any way and nor i am getting any monetary compensation from him/her for promoting them on this blog post. I am recommending this seller purely in good faith due to my good experience with this product.
So, no more feeling bad of not owning high end makeup brushes, we have a dupe now!
Hope you enjoyed this post and save some money on your makeup brushes.
Do share your experience if you try these brushes or you know of some other affordable options.