Blue is my color and I had been in search of a nice navy blue eye pencil which, is not glitterly, long wearing and water proof.
Its been a tough quest i must say….i have searched all major brands for the perfect navy blue and would come across shades of blue but not a good navy blue. Most of the so called navy blues were with a dark green undertone. But, my efforts of finding the perfect navy blue have finally paid off! 🙂
It is the Colorbar Oriental Blue 06 eye pencil. I just looooovvvveee this one. Its a gorgeous Navy Blue and looks absolutely stunning!
Colorbar – Oriental Blue eye pencil
- Glides on like butter – very smooth formula
- Gorgeous color – not glittery/sparkly but has its own shine
- Very long wearing – stays all day!
- Doesnt smudge – you will have to make an effort to remove it
- Price – I think its a little steep on price – around 400 INR. I would think twice paying that kind of money for an eye pencil.
- Its a pencil and not a retractable one. I am not a big fan of pencils coz you have to sharpen them. I prefer the retractable ones.
The pros definitely outnumber the cons. I am willing to let go of the cons coz its the perfect navy blue i was looking for! It gives soo much depth to the eyes…looks gorgeous!
My suggestion – if you want a navy blue eye pencil, this is most certainly the correct navy blue shade and its worth the money. So, definitely give it a try and share your experiences.
Its Monday again and the week looks super hectic…but that ain’t gonna stop us from finding some happiness in small things of life here and there:)
I love eye makeup and i am very fond of eyeliners. I think it just completes the look. I personally don’t like to do touch-up on my makeup so prefer having products that last all day. My mission has always been to find a good eyeliner that i can use on my lash and water line both. My eyes are pretty watery so anything on the waterline doesn’t last long.
I had been in search of a good Gel eyeliner for a while and i found it! Its the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Black)
I had researched quite and bit around these and tried almost all of them available in the market like B&D, Revlon, Lakme, etc but found them really dry and flaky. Thats when i came across this one from Maybelline. Bought it yesterday, tried it and loved it. So, here’s my experience with it.
- Super creamy
- Consistency is good
- Lost lasting – the package claims it to be lasting for 24 hrs
- Comes with a nice stiff applicator brush and a lid to protect the brush
- 2.8 gms of product for approx Rs.400/-. Think thats gonna last long.
- No itching or burning when applied on water line
- Smooth glide over the upper & lower lash line
- Tried it on water line and stayed pretty well.
- Smudge proof – once it settles, it doesn’t move.
- Water proof – when i washed my face with water, some of it came off but most of it still remained on the eye…had to remove with eye makeup removal strips.
- Packaging is poor. Didnt quite like the lid of the bottle…looks like the lid of a cough syrup!
- In India, they have only 2 colors – Black and Brown. The brown one has a little metallic feel to it and is not a dark brown as i would have loved it to be. I would have loved to have a Blue, Olive Green, Plum and dark brown shades in this line.
So, go grab one for yourself and enjoy! Do share your experiences or any other Gel Liners you think are better than this one…i’ll be happy to try them 🙂
Have a wonderful week ahead:)