Posts tagged ‘#pink’
Day 2 in San Francisco started with a lovely breakfast at a small Cafe near our place called Cafe Coco. Had a nice chocolate croissant, sandwich, hot chocolate and cappuccino. Decided a heavy breakfast would be good considering the long day we had ahead.
After having breakfast, we decided to go to Macy’s at Union Square. Union Square is one of the most happening areas in San Francisco. You name a brand and its there. Despite it being morning time and a working day as well. ..I was surprised by the number of people on the road and in Macy’s.
I loved Macy’s!! It was so huge! !! One can spend a day and yet not be satisfied. I went bazzerk looking at a whole ground level only dedicated to cosmetics and makeup! ! There was this section around Personal Assistant for shopping.. reminded me of some novels I have read 😉
There was a seperate Macy’s building for mens! Can you believe it!! The winter collection was amazing. ..what lovely jackets!
The festivities for Thanksgiving & Xmas have started around Union Square and it was a sight to see the Macy’s Xmas tree… which by the way. .would be atleast 2-3 storey high! Inside Macy’s the whole theme was around ‘Believe’ that Santa does exist:) they had this cute little mailbox kept where kids could write down their wishes and drop it inside the mailbox addressing to Santa, North Pole!!
We saw a lot of other shops in Union Square like Wallgreens, Sephora, Victoria’s Secret, PINK, H&M, Forever 21 and last but not the least..Saks Fifth Avenue! I really felt I was in some fashion capital; )
After grabbing a quick lunch at Burger King, we proceeded to Nordstrom!! It was so huge! All the facy brands under one roof! Did some window shopping there and proceded to see the Financial District area. As the name suggests, this is a full are of large MNC Banks like Wells Fargo, Chase, Bank of America, Citi Bank, Union Bank, BNP Paribas and many more.
I was simply amazed with the architecture in this area. Tall glass buildings.. some of which you can see the work stations as well. .and some old vintage architecture as well. Outstanding! I wished I could work in any of the offices in this area!
Towards the evening, it was nice to see all formally dressed people rushing back to catch their subway trains and the ques in Starbucks getting longer by the second:)
Someone is taking on the phone. . Someone is sipping his coffee. .. someone was doing facetime with his kid promising to be home soon:) Normal things but yet brought a smile on my face. .. while I also felt a part of this crowd … walking in the cold weather. .hands in my jacket and sipping my Starbucks:) Feeling blessed 🙂
Its me signing off for now. ..stay tuned for more updates.
Posted from My Samsung Galaxy Note II
This is gonna be a quick review of Faces I-Shine Eyeshadow Quartet. I had received this one as a gift and i loved it. The colors are soo pigmented and gorgeous…its a perfect quartet for party!
The shades in this quartet are as under:
1) Pink – This is a very shiny pigmented light pink. You can definitely use it as a crease color.
2) Taupe – this is a gorgeous taupe color with a mauve or purple undertone. Looks amazing! its my favorite. its soooo awesome by itself alone that you can have a complete look with this one color itself. It really reflects the light so well.
3) Blue – this is yet another awesome shade…its difficult to describe…its a bluish purplish color..reflects the light so well
4) Silver – this is basic silver but very shiny. you can use this to enhance the inner corner of your eye or as a crease shade.
- Has Vitamin E in it
- Very pigmented
- 2 toned colors
- long staying power – i recommend using an eye primer before application
- perfect combination for a smokey eye look and party look
- have a lot of shine to them
- Reasonable price for a quartet – around 450 INR
- Available in different colors as well
- Comes with a small 2 sided applicator (placed in the centre of the quartet)
- Good packaging – small & compact so good for travel.
- The only complain i have is, all the shades in this quartet are shiny. I personally would have loved to have atleast one matte shade for crease.
All in all, good product and value of money. Do share your experience if you try it or any other quartet.
Off late, i was hunting for some drugstore lipsticks in matte. So, the search began and I reviewed maybelline, loreal and revlon matte lines. They all ranged between 600-800 INR which i thought was reasonable but a bit on the expensive side. So, the quest was on.
To my surprise, i came across Colorbar Lipsticks. They have the widest range of matte shades i have seen! beats the color range of many high end brands. And their price is unbelievable – 250 INR!
Despite the price being well within budget, i was a bit reluctant in the beginning to give it a try as when you swatch it on your hand, it has that glossy shine to it. The attendant across the counter assured me that when applied on lips, the moisture is absorbed in the lips and it looks perfectly matte. So, i bought one for trial sake. And…….i was so amazed by this product! And then i bought two more!!
So, here’s my review of the product followed by the swatches and names of my shades.
- Has awesome variety of colors in matte shades – conservatively they have 3 shades in red, mauve, pink, peach, browns etc in matte! that’s a wide variety out there!
- Very moisturizing. Doesn’t feel heavy or dry on the lips
- Transfer proof!! – something that i was really looking for. Its kind of embarrassing having your lipstick on coffee cups!
- Good sturdy packaging
- Affordable price range
- Doesn’t smudge or cake around the lips. Stays where it needs to be.
- Lasts conservatively for around 6 hours without touchup and in between meals. Not that 6 hrs is not good but i would have loved to have it a little longer than that. As the day progresses, it will fade a bit but wont be off completely. It has staining quality – leaves a stain on the lips.
1) 59 P – Peach Crush
This one is a gorgeous coral peachy pinky shade…more on the peach side. If you are looking for a nice summery look, you gotta have this shade. it looks soo amazing when put on. Plus the matte makes it stand out so well on the face. Totally love it. Btw, this was the 1st one i tried from this range and fell in love with it.
2) 41 M – Raisin Rum
This is a nice combination of pink n mauve. Its like a everyday go to shade. Looks very pretty and goes with anything.
3) 80 V – Hearts & Tarts
I loved this one!! its my favorite! i was dying to own a matte red lipstick that’s not to bright and wearable. This one fits the bill completely!! its a nice red with a pink undertone so it’s definitely wearable and doesn’t look overboard. its one of those red that gives your face a nice lift…if you know what i mean. The matte finish gives a very nice complete look to the face. There was also another red that i was considering while buying this one called Hot Hot Hot. That one is a real bright red with an orange undertone. I personally dont like red with orange undertones…i like them with a pink undertone. So, if you want a bright red, go for Hot Hot Hot.
I loved this product and want to try new colors in this range. Since the price is affordable, i wouldn’t mind adding a few of them to my vanity 😉
If you are fond of matte lipsticks, this product definitely deserves your attention. i highly recommend trying it. If you so try some, let me know your experience.