Posts tagged ‘#makeup’
Hope you are having a great weekend!
I need not stress on the importance of removing your makeup everyday! It’s a must!
There are a number of makeup removing formulas available in the market today. From liquid forms to wipes.
I bumped into discovering this new makeup remover and have become a fan instantly!! So thought of doing a quick review for you’ll.
I am reviewing the Hiphop instant makeup remover today. Totally random purchase but turned out to be very good one! Link to the product at Nykaa website is here
This makeup remover comes in a compact sturdy plastic box with double lids
It contains 30 soaked pads. I love the fact that its preloaded with solution so I don’t need to carry a bottle and cotton pads or wipes packet along while traveling. The box is the size of a normal compact.
It contains Aqua, Normal Moisturizing Factor, Isopropyle myristate, Aloe vera, Sles, Triphala, Silicon, Perfume. It claims to be a one step cleansing treatment that removes your makeup as well as moisturises your skin & has Vitamin E.
Most of the liquid makeup removers range between Rs250 – Rs600. Whereas the wipes range between Rs120 – 400 depending on the brand you choose. International brands are obviously on the higher side. Hiphop instant makeup remover pads retail at Rs110.
The box also has extra tight fitting inner lid so that the solution doesn’t evaporate and the pads don’t become dry. A major problem that I face with wipes. If they are kept unused for long, the solution evaporates since you have opened it or maybe not closed it properly.
These pads are thick and not flimsy at all!! And the solution is good as well. One pad is enough for removing makeup from full face. Plus since the pad is thick, you can use it reverse Coz the removed makeup doesn’t transfer or seep through the pad on the other side. It easily removes waterproof makeup in one swipe including eye makeup. Check out my Instagram to where i do the unboxing and show you the packaging as well as the wipes
I didn’t find any irritation on the skin at all. Nor did my eyes burn while removing the liner and mascara from lower lash line. It doesn’t leave my skin dry and I don’t feel the need to apply lotion or something immediately.
I have never been fan of liquid solution in bottles because I always fear spillage during travel. So wipes had always been my go to. However, I think they dry out and some tear as well while using. This product solves both my apprehensions! Compact, travel friendly, no fear of spillage or drying out and one pad is good enough for full face! So total value for money if you ask me
Let me know which one is your favourite makeup remover? What format do you prefer – liquid solutions or wipes?
The market is overflowing with liquid lipsticks today – every brand is coming out with their own version of the liquid lipsticks. Some are ahead of the game whereas some have got the formula all wrong.
Sugar has come out with lot of good makeup products recently and they are definitely giving tough competition to veteran brands.
Smudge me not liquid lipsticks were initially launched in 10 shades and recently 10 new shades were added.
They retail at Rs 499 for 4.5 ml of the product on their official website but you can get them at discount during online sales at Nykaa. Though the newer shades are still not showing up on Nykaa’s website but i am sure they would be available anytime soon
This range is promoted as “one swipe wonder” and i cant agree more. These are highly pigmented and you can get full coverage in just one swipe. These dry matte on your lips in about 5 minute after application and don’t feel sticky or heavy on the lips – which is a big plus from my side. Once dried, they have a nice powder finish on the lips which doesn’t look caky or patchy. However, moisturising your lips before application is a must.
These are totally transfer proof, kiss proof and don’t budge once dried. The packaging is a square glass bottle with a flat brush applicator. I love the brush – its easy to draw an outline to the lips with it before filling in and gets easily into the inner corners as well.
The formula doesn’t budge at all upon drying. You can check out the wash test video on my Instagram (BeaushionDiva) for your self.
The shade range is pretty good – well balanced light and dark shades. However, I am more of a fan of dark shades so picked up all 4 dark shades. I have bought Brink of Pink, Tan Fan, Teak Mystique and Divine Praline. I love all of them so much!! feel they are best in their respective shade variants and i highly recommend these shades. Obviously i am missing the classic red shade, but i already have it in other brands so refrained from buying it.
I like it when companies have names for their shades because its easier to remember that way. But i also love to have the color mentioned in the name itself so that its easy to relate to. Here’s the short colour guide for you
- Brazen Raisen – Dark Burgundy
- Brink of Pink – awesome dark pink with mauve undertone. Its brighter than a Fuchsia pink but not like neon pink. A must have pink! looks great on all skin tones
- Tan Fan – this is not really a nude shade. Its not a light shade either. Its a beautiful brown and pink colour. Looks gorgeous! Again, I highly recommend it. Excellent color for everyday wear.
- Plum Yum – Its a dark berry shade
- Rust Lust – This is a reddish shade with drown undertones
- Tangerine Queen – its an orangish coral shade which i think will look very good on fair skin tones. its not a subtle coral though…its bright
- Rethink Pink – this is a Fuchsia pink with red undertone. This is lighter than Brink of Pink
- Wine & Shine – This is their darkest shade. Its a very deep violet berry like shade. It looks a dark shade of purple on drying
- Suave Mauve – This is a neutral pink shade with purple undertone. It is lighter than Tan Fan
- Drop Dead Red – a classic bright red. Its a pure red. Doesn’t have maroon undertone.
- Greige Rage – This is more like a brownish reddish color.
- Don Fawn – this is a brown shade with yellow undertones. Its a nice neutral brown i would say
- Wooed by Nude – this is peachy orangish shade
- Teak Mystique – perfect chocolate brown. Must have shade if you like pure brown color.
- Blush Rush – Pink shade..not very dark but not light either
- Bare Flair – Pink with brown undertones
- Fiery Berry – Dark berry shade
- Divine Praline – classic dark maroon with pink undertone. Must have!
- Jet set voilet – Magenta purple shade
- Cocoa Ammo – chocolate brown but a shade lighter than Teak Mystique
Matte liquid lipsticks can be tricky – some dry out too much on the lips whereas some look caky, some don’t apply well and are sticky/heavy on the lips. Here are some tips that i think may help in working with liquid lipsticks
- Moisturise your lips first – i cannot stress this enough. If you want nice flawless look of liquid lipsticks, its important that your lips don’t look patchy. You have to understand that you are dealing with a formula that is going to dry out on your lips, so if they are cracked, its going to stick into the cracks and not give an even finish. So, moisturising your lips is a must
- Use a lip liner – though the flat brush applicator does the trick of outlining the lips well, i prefer using a lip liner first and then going over with the liquid lipstick. It just provides a guideline and i feel it also helps give that plump effect to the lips. I find the lipstick stays in place when you use a lip liner – doesn’t go smearing outside
- Apply at the bottom lip first – this is a quick drying formula so make sure you apply quickly. Apply at the bottom lip first and then press your lips together so that the excess gets transferred to the top lip before the formula dries off. Then cover the top lip. I feel one stoke is good enough and but if you would like to go for the second coat, apply the nail polish way. The first coat is only to get the lining and bare minimum color on the lip and then go with second coat with more product on the brush for even application
- Do not touch up – yes, do not touch up the lipstick where you feel it may have faded a bit after meals, it looks patchy. Rather, remove the whole lipstick and reapply all over again. Thats brings the flawless finish again
- If you have worn the lipstick all day long, don’t forget to remove it at the end of day followed by moisturising your lips. Its a must.
Some drawbacks that i experienced
- It fades out in the inner corners of the mouth after meals. So if you have meetings post lunch, you may need to reapply it
- Towards end of the day after nearly 7-8 hours of wearing the product, it leaves powder particles of the lipstick as remains when you wash your face after meals.
- You may need a sensitive makeup remover to remove the lipstick completely from your lips. But if you have worn it for long hours (7-8 hours) it will come off easily with water as well.
Some suggestions/feedback for Sugar from my end after using this range
- Consider launching a sheer lip balm/ moisturiser that goes with the your lipstick range as a prerequisite for better results.
- Launch makeup remover that is not harsh and can be used on lips for removing these highly pigmented lipsticks
- Along with the color description, share shade swatches in normal light so its easier to pick the shade.
Hope you found this review helpful. Do comment if you have tried any other shade from this range and share your experience as well.
Been a while that i did an actual full fledge product review. So thought of jumping right back into it
Today, i am reviewing the Nyassa‘s Lip Balm – Passion Fruit.
For those who don’t know about Nyassa, here’s something you should know. Nyassa claims to create their products by blending pure and natural ingredients with rare and exotic fragrances to offer their users a complete and unmatched mind and body experience.
They have a wide variety of products including Handmade Soaps, Body Lotions, Body Butters, Lip Balms, Body Scrubs, Hand Cream, Face Wash, Face Cream, Shampoo , Conditioner, Body Mists among others.They also have an exciting range of home fragrance products that includes Diffusers and Diffuser Oils and Air Perfumes.
One of the biggest USPs of Nyassa is that their products are 100% vegetarian. Their products have no SLS, SLES or Parabens and they don’t do animal testing as well.
With that background around the company, lets jump right into the lip balm that i am going to review for you.
Nyassa has 5 flavours in Lip Balms
- Mixed Candy
- Passion Kiss
- Juicy Berry
- Cola Twist
The lip balms come in the classic glass jar weighing 5gms for Rs.250. All the lip balms are priced at Rs.250. Though, you can get them cheaper during online sales.
The Lip balm is packed with great moisturising ingredients like Shea butter, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, olive oil beeswax and Vitamin E. The essential fatty acids and the anti-oxidants in Shea Butter offer superior hydration and repair dry and chapped lips. Beeswax helps in offering hydration and enhanced lip care.
They have a longevity of 24 months from the date of manufacture. Which is pretty good in case of lip balms. They are readily available in stores like Home Centre and online on their company website & on Nykaa as well. Links to both are provided
I picked the flavour Passion Kiss. This flavour is a perfect marriage of Passion Fruit and Exotic Crushed Rose Petals. It has a very sweet smell – similar to the soap & glory products. If you like soap & glory products, you will relate to the smell of this lip balm. It smells amazing. Thats what made me buy it! However, the smell is not very over powering. It vanishes after 10 minutes of application. It has no color and is sheer.
Since these come in the conventional jar form, you have to use your fingers to apply it. One of the things that i am not a big fan of. I personally prefer the stick form and have been a die hard fan of Maybeliine Baby Lips
Upon application, this lip balm gets soaked into the lips within 10-15 minutes. It doesn’t leave that wet smooth effect like Maybeliine Baby Lips. So, one may also feel it to be less moisturising as compared to baby lips.
I have applied this at night and found my lips nice and soft in the morning. I also apply it as i start prepping up my skin for makeup, it dries off on the lips by the time i finish my face makeup.
Its good to moisturise your lips before you apply liquid matte lipsticks and this one doesn’t disappoint.
Now coming to the price point. To be honest, this is the priciest lip balm that i have purchased. Other lip balms available in the market from Maybelline, Neutrogena, Nivea etc range between 50 – 200 rupees max. Here’s link to other lip balms . I can appreciate that pricing of this lip balm could be high due to the natural products being used in it. (petroleum free). Lip balms from other natural product companies like Kama Ayurveda or Body shop are priced anywhere around Rs.350-550
Some suggestions that i feel Team Nyassa can look into for their lip balm range are:
- Consider Stick form – it makes it more user friendly and hygenic
- Consider launching color variants. Sometimes they are best replacements to glossy lipsticks
- Maybe the beeswax makes it quick drying/soaking into the lips – may want to change the proportion of that. The very purpose of a lip balm is to feel the lips soft and moisturised. If i don’t get that feel for long hours, it kind of defeats the purpose for me personally
All in all, i don’t regret buying this lip balm. But would have loved it more, had it been with the suggestions given above. I am sure Team Nyassa is listening 🙂
Let me know if you have used any other flavours from this brand. I would love to listen to your experience
I am back with another exciting review of Lakme Absolute Gel Addict Eyeliner!
I must say, its one of the reviews I have been wanting to post in a while but wanted to use the product enough to be able to share my opinion on it.
Lets begin with some facts first, this is a gel eyeliner from Lakme and i have it in the shade ‘Tempting Teal’. This was one of the most widely used product during the Lakme fashion week and claims to be smudgeproof and waterproof. You get 2.3 g of the product and retails at Rs.800. However, I had ordered mine from Nykaa website and got some it at discounted price of around Rs. 650. There are more shades in this line as well.
The packaging is really cute like that of a nail polish bottle and has a small liner brush attached on the top of the bottle. You need to pull out the applicator brush to use it.
Teal is my favourite color and I have been looking for a gel liner in teal for a very long time, I use the Chambor eyeliner pencil in teal at the moment and love it!! but being a gel liner fan, I was on look out for teal shade in gel liner. Looking at some gorgeous pictures of Tempting Teal gel eyeliner used on models during the Lakme Fashion week, I was awestruck! I had to get it…but this shade was always very difficult to find. Finally, I got it in stock on Nykaa
When I received the package, I was super excited! I open the package and got dejected!! That was because the color of the gel liner was sky blue in color!! and I was so sure that maybe I was sent some incorrect color. I checked the name of the package and it read ‘Tempting Teal’! I was like how can a sky blue color be called TEAL!
Finally, I picked some of the liner to swatch and it swatched TEAL!! OMG…I can’t express my relief and happiness! The reason of sharing this story with you is purely to confirm that though the liner in the bottle looks light blue in color…it swatches dark teal!!
The color is gorgeous!! totally true to its claim – smudgeproof and waterproof. Glides on like butter and stayed all day long. Though, if you look closely, it has the tiniest bit of sparkle particles to it. But that is what it gives the rich look. The sparkle particles are so small that you may not even notice them unless looked closely. So, definitely wearable color during day and in office.
Given the good experience with this product..I am really tempted to order other shades from this line. Its a bit expensive than other gel eyeliners in the market from Maybelline or Loreal..but I would say given the color range and the long staying power, its worth the money. And a little bottle goes a long way!
If you have tried any other shades from this line, let me know your experiences too. Hope this review is helpful to you!
Amazing info! ! Must read!!
Concealer is one thing i feel is tricky to use. .You need to know how to apply it correctly and most importantly where to apply it. This article gives some really good tips. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as i did 🙂
Some really useful tips for tanning!
Now that’s what i am talkingabout!!