Posts tagged ‘#eyes’
Here’s an easy diagram showing where what texure (light or dark) of eyeshadow needs to be applied. One of the simplest explanations I have come across.
I am a fanatic of eye makeup and i just cant get enough! Its so difficult to not buy a new eyeshadow shade or liner!
I recently bought 2 new eye pencils from Faces in dark brown and dark green. I have not used this brand before so thought of doing a quick review on it.
- Very dark shades of brown and green. I like to use them outside my lower lash line to create more depth and intense look
- Affordable price – around 150 INR
- Its not absolutely long wearing i would say….smudges a bit as the day progresses. It will fade a bit but will definitely showup on the face.
- Its in a pencil form. I am not a very big fan of pencils, i prefer the retractable ones.
- Its not very smooth to glide on specially if you want to use it as eyeliner on top.
I liked it but not loved it. It does the job of highlighting very well along with black liner. But if you use it all by itself, it might fall short of your expectations in terms of longevity…it will fade. That’s the only issue i can highlight. But then again, the price and colors are a thumbs up. If you want a cheap substitute to high end products and something that you might want to use once in a while….this will work.
Hope you find this review helpful. Let me know if you do try this product or any other shades.
PS: For more updates on Beauty, Fashion, Trend Alerts, Makeup…please like my facebook page here –> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beaushiondiva/262153800593576?ref=hl
Instagram & Pinterest: beaushiondiva
- The Perfect Navy Blue – Colorbar Oriental Blue Eye Pencil Review! (beaushiondiva.wordpress.com)
Check out The 12 Best Red Carpet Cat Eyes
Posted from My Samsung Galaxy Note II
Blue is my color and I had been in search of a nice navy blue eye pencil which, is not glitterly, long wearing and water proof.
Its been a tough quest i must say….i have searched all major brands for the perfect navy blue and would come across shades of blue but not a good navy blue. Most of the so called navy blues were with a dark green undertone. But, my efforts of finding the perfect navy blue have finally paid off! 🙂
It is the Colorbar Oriental Blue 06 eye pencil. I just looooovvvveee this one. Its a gorgeous Navy Blue and looks absolutely stunning!
- Glides on like butter – very smooth formula
- Gorgeous color – not glittery/sparkly but has its own shine
- Very long wearing – stays all day!
- Doesnt smudge – you will have to make an effort to remove it
- Price – I think its a little steep on price – around 400 INR. I would think twice paying that kind of money for an eye pencil.
- Its a pencil and not a retractable one. I am not a big fan of pencils coz you have to sharpen them. I prefer the retractable ones.
The pros definitely outnumber the cons. I am willing to let go of the cons coz its the perfect navy blue i was looking for! It gives soo much depth to the eyes…looks gorgeous!
My suggestion – if you want a navy blue eye pencil, this is most certainly the correct navy blue shade and its worth the money. So, definitely give it a try and share your experiences.
This is gonna be a quick review of Faces I-Shine Eyeshadow Quartet. I had received this one as a gift and i loved it. The colors are soo pigmented and gorgeous…its a perfect quartet for party!
The shades in this quartet are as under:
1) Pink – This is a very shiny pigmented light pink. You can definitely use it as a crease color.
2) Taupe – this is a gorgeous taupe color with a mauve or purple undertone. Looks amazing! its my favorite. its soooo awesome by itself alone that you can have a complete look with this one color itself. It really reflects the light so well.
3) Blue – this is yet another awesome shade…its difficult to describe…its a bluish purplish color..reflects the light so well
4) Silver – this is basic silver but very shiny. you can use this to enhance the inner corner of your eye or as a crease shade.
- Has Vitamin E in it
- Very pigmented
- 2 toned colors
- long staying power – i recommend using an eye primer before application
- perfect combination for a smokey eye look and party look
- have a lot of shine to them
- Reasonable price for a quartet – around 450 INR
- Available in different colors as well
- Comes with a small 2 sided applicator (placed in the centre of the quartet)
- Good packaging – small & compact so good for travel.
- The only complain i have is, all the shades in this quartet are shiny. I personally would have loved to have atleast one matte shade for crease.
All in all, good product and value of money. Do share your experience if you try it or any other quartet.
Its Monday again and the week looks super hectic…but that ain’t gonna stop us from finding some happiness in small things of life here and there:)
I love eye makeup and i am very fond of eyeliners. I think it just completes the look. I personally don’t like to do touch-up on my makeup so prefer having products that last all day. My mission has always been to find a good eyeliner that i can use on my lash and water line both. My eyes are pretty watery so anything on the waterline doesn’t last long.
I had been in search of a good Gel eyeliner for a while and i found it! Its the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Black)
I had researched quite and bit around these and tried almost all of them available in the market like B&D, Revlon, Lakme, etc but found them really dry and flaky. Thats when i came across this one from Maybelline. Bought it yesterday, tried it and loved it. So, here’s my experience with it.
- Super creamy
- Consistency is good
- Lost lasting – the package claims it to be lasting for 24 hrs
- Comes with a nice stiff applicator brush and a lid to protect the brush
- 2.8 gms of product for approx Rs.400/-. Think thats gonna last long.
- No itching or burning when applied on water line
- Smooth glide over the upper & lower lash line
- Tried it on water line and stayed pretty well.
- Smudge proof – once it settles, it doesn’t move.
- Water proof – when i washed my face with water, some of it came off but most of it still remained on the eye…had to remove with eye makeup removal strips.
- Packaging is poor. Didnt quite like the lid of the bottle…looks like the lid of a cough syrup!
- In India, they have only 2 colors – Black and Brown. The brown one has a little metallic feel to it and is not a dark brown as i would have loved it to be. I would have loved to have a Blue, Olive Green, Plum and dark brown shades in this line.
So, go grab one for yourself and enjoy! Do share your experiences or any other Gel Liners you think are better than this one…i’ll be happy to try them 🙂
Have a wonderful week ahead:)