If you have been thinking of what’s latest in fashion before you spend some bucks on shopping… This post is just for you.
From blues to pastel shades.. From sheers to florals… They are the most in right now. .. so don’t forget to grab a few when you shop next 🙂 That’s what I call ‘ Informed Shopping’
Here’s an excerpt from this month’s Glamour magazine.
Happy reading and shopping; )
Blue is my color and I had been in search of a nice navy blue eye pencil which, is not glitterly, long wearing and water proof.
Its been a tough quest i must say….i have searched all major brands for the perfect navy blue and would come across shades of blue but not a good navy blue. Most of the so called navy blues were with a dark green undertone. But, my efforts of finding the perfect navy blue have finally paid off! 🙂
It is the Colorbar Oriental Blue 06 eye pencil. I just looooovvvveee this one. Its a gorgeous Navy Blue and looks absolutely stunning!
Colorbar – Oriental Blue eye pencil
- Glides on like butter – very smooth formula
- Gorgeous color – not glittery/sparkly but has its own shine
- Very long wearing – stays all day!
- Doesnt smudge – you will have to make an effort to remove it
- Price – I think its a little steep on price – around 400 INR. I would think twice paying that kind of money for an eye pencil.
- Its a pencil and not a retractable one. I am not a big fan of pencils coz you have to sharpen them. I prefer the retractable ones.
The pros definitely outnumber the cons. I am willing to let go of the cons coz its the perfect navy blue i was looking for! It gives soo much depth to the eyes…looks gorgeous!
My suggestion – if you want a navy blue eye pencil, this is most certainly the correct navy blue shade and its worth the money. So, definitely give it a try and share your experiences.
This is gonna be a quick review of Faces I-Shine Eyeshadow Quartet. I had received this one as a gift and i loved it. The colors are soo pigmented and gorgeous…its a perfect quartet for party!
The shades in this quartet are as under:
1) Pink – This is a very shiny pigmented light pink. You can definitely use it as a crease color.
2) Taupe – this is a gorgeous taupe color with a mauve or purple undertone. Looks amazing! its my favorite. its soooo awesome by itself alone that you can have a complete look with this one color itself. It really reflects the light so well.
3) Blue – this is yet another awesome shade…its difficult to describe…its a bluish purplish color..reflects the light so well
4) Silver – this is basic silver but very shiny. you can use this to enhance the inner corner of your eye or as a crease shade.
- Has Vitamin E in it
- Very pigmented
- 2 toned colors
- long staying power – i recommend using an eye primer before application
- perfect combination for a smokey eye look and party look
- have a lot of shine to them
- Reasonable price for a quartet – around 450 INR
- Available in different colors as well
- Comes with a small 2 sided applicator (placed in the centre of the quartet)
- Good packaging – small & compact so good for travel.
- The only complain i have is, all the shades in this quartet are shiny. I personally would have loved to have atleast one matte shade for crease.
All in all, good product and value of money. Do share your experience if you try it or any other quartet.