Recently, I was surfing the net for some good self-improvement book, & I bumped into audio-book of The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.
I had heard a lot about this book but never really got around reading it due to lack of time. But, since I got an audio version, I was excited to listen it while commuting to work & back home.
And trust me, this book has worked like a miracle for me. As I listened through the chapters, I realized how we always think negative (involuntarily & unintentionally) & thereby invite negative things in our lives. Due to all the stress in our lives, be it personally or professionally, we simply don’t realize that we speak negative, we feel negative all the time.
That’s when I decided to make an effort to change my thought process & start thinking positive. Not that I am a negative or pessimistic person by nature, its just a different way of living life altogether….a more fulfilling & desired life that you always wanted to live. It takes a while to get into positive thinking mode in ALL aspects of life and ALL the time, but when you start experiencing the difference, it feels magical.
Some of the good learnings from this book are listed below..I hope you make an effort to try them & attract good things in your lives
- The law of attraction: We all are bound by the law of attraction like the law of gravity. The law says that, whatever you think about or put your attention on becomes reality in your life.
- You are the master of your own destiny, you create your life: The book very beautifully describes that, you can create the life that you always desired by positive thoughts. The universe is a Genie out there who is always going to say “your wish is my command” but the only problem is…it doesn’t understand a negative connotation!! So, when you say, I don’t want to be late at work today……it understands as I want to be late at work today! And so, you will come across all situations & circumstances that will make you late for work on that day. Instead, you must say, I want to be on time at work today.
- Creative process: The law of attraction works by practicing the 3 step creative process:
- Ask the universe – you must be crystal clear about what you want.
- Believe – act, speak and think as though you have already received what you have asked for.
- Receive – feel great that it is coming to you. Feeling good sets up the necessary vibration to manifest the desire.
- You don’t need to know HOW things will work in your favor or HOW you will receive things that you desire….that’s the job of the Genie….trust him to do it for you.
- Focus on what you want, rather than what you don’t want: Channelize your thoughts on what you love & want in life like good health, money, house, loving partner than what you don’t want in life like illness, horrible boss, traffic, debt etc.
- Change the frequency of your thoughts: I simply loved the way it is explained that our thoughts are on different frequencies like television channels. Positive frequency & Negative frequency…when you are tuned to a negative frequency, you attract all bad things that is on that frequency. And, when you are on positive frequency, you will attract all good things on that frequency.
- Show Love & Gratitude: one of the most amazing messages that the book gives is being grateful for what we have. We are always cribbing about the things we don’t have…money, car, health etc. We are rarely grateful for being able to see another day, having successful careers, loving siblings or kids, living parents etc.
- Your thoughts give birth to feelings and these feelings can change the course of things in your life…so be careful of how you feel. Do not use negative words like impossible, disgusting, outrageous, horrible etc….use words like brilliant, fantastic, mind-blowing which will give rise to more positive feelings than negative.
When you have the power to make things right in your life by changing your thoughts, why not do it? A change in thought process is all it takes 🙂
Start today and see your life changing 🙂