Off late, i was hunting for some drugstore lipsticks in matte. So, the search began and I reviewed maybelline, loreal and revlon matte lines. They all ranged between 600-800 INR which i thought was reasonable but a bit on the expensive side. So, the quest was on.
To my surprise, i came across Colorbar Lipsticks. They have the widest range of matte shades i have seen! beats the color range of many high end brands. And their price is unbelievable – 250 INR!
Despite the price being well within budget, i was a bit reluctant in the beginning to give it a try as when you swatch it on your hand, it has that glossy shine to it. The attendant across the counter assured me that when applied on lips, the moisture is absorbed in the lips and it looks perfectly matte. So, i bought one for trial sake. And…….i was so amazed by this product! And then i bought two more!!
So, here’s my review of the product followed by the swatches and names of my shades.
- Has awesome variety of colors in matte shades – conservatively they have 3 shades in red, mauve, pink, peach, browns etc in matte! that’s a wide variety out there!
- Very moisturizing. Doesn’t feel heavy or dry on the lips
- Transfer proof!! – something that i was really looking for. Its kind of embarrassing having your lipstick on coffee cups!
- Good sturdy packaging
- Affordable price range
- Doesn’t smudge or cake around the lips. Stays where it needs to be.
- Lasts conservatively for around 6 hours without touchup and in between meals. Not that 6 hrs is not good but i would have loved to have it a little longer than that. As the day progresses, it will fade a bit but wont be off completely. It has staining quality – leaves a stain on the lips.
1) 59 P – Peach Crush
This one is a gorgeous coral peachy pinky shade…more on the peach side. If you are looking for a nice summery look, you gotta have this shade. it looks soo amazing when put on. Plus the matte makes it stand out so well on the face. Totally love it. Btw, this was the 1st one i tried from this range and fell in love with it.
2) 41 M – Raisin Rum
This is a nice combination of pink n mauve. Its like a everyday go to shade. Looks very pretty and goes with anything.
3) 80 V – Hearts & Tarts
I loved this one!! its my favorite! i was dying to own a matte red lipstick that’s not to bright and wearable. This one fits the bill completely!! its a nice red with a pink undertone so it’s definitely wearable and doesn’t look overboard. its one of those red that gives your face a nice lift…if you know what i mean. The matte finish gives a very nice complete look to the face. There was also another red that i was considering while buying this one called Hot Hot Hot. That one is a real bright red with an orange undertone. I personally dont like red with orange undertones…i like them with a pink undertone. So, if you want a bright red, go for Hot Hot Hot.
I loved this product and want to try new colors in this range. Since the price is affordable, i wouldn’t mind adding a few of them to my vanity 😉
If you are fond of matte lipsticks, this product definitely deserves your attention. i highly recommend trying it. If you so try some, let me know your experience.